6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 6:12 AM by deninger

Perform Script on Server and Import and Export of Field contents

deninger

Maybe this just is not possible, but boy would it be handy (at least for me)...

I am looking for a way to offload a simple procedure to my Server instead of performing it locally. The script does the following:

# Filemaker ESS does not show SQL Server BLOB data. Initiate workaround

Import Records [No dialog; DNS: PharmaservImages; Calcculated SQL Text: "Select..." ] // imports an image from a SQL Server database into a local container

# imported image from SQL Server is shown as a "Untitled.dat" and is the contents of the blob data are not visible within the FM Container

# export and reimport will correct this...

Export Field Contents [Rx Files::Image ; $path] // exports the image to a predetermined path using Get (TemporaryPath) & ".output.jpg"

Insert File [Display content; Never compresss; Rx Files::Image ; "$path" ] // re-imports the image, now visible within FileMaker's container field

When the above is run locally "Perform Script", things work swimingly. I would love this to happen behind the scenes, but apparently the last two steps are not supported when executed as "Perform Script on Server"

Any wisdom or insight that I have failed to latch on to?

Regards,

Mike