Nope - wildcard certificates aren't supported due to limitations in the 'fmsadmin certificate create' command.
I tried all ways from Sunday and confirmed with FMI that it's a no go.
Thanks for the info Perren.
That's a pity..
Is this in any way confirmed by FileMaker Inc?
No support for wildcard SSL certs?
I installed a Wildcard-SSL certificate on a system (see below) without errors.
But, not every service is working as expected:
- System: OS X 10.9.5 (w/o ServerApp)
- FileMaker Server 13.04
- Wildcard-SSL (Rapid Wildcard SSL)
- Webbrowser: HTTPS on subdomain shows correct and verified certificate.
- Admin-Console: correct SSL cert. Console works as expected.
What does not work:
- Webdirect does not list databases and/or no login pops up
- Database upload from client does not work (Port 443 is used for uploading databases from FM client)
The documentation on SSL with FileMaker in general is quite poor. I nowhere read about the limitation that wildcards are not accepted.
Is there an official statement about this? Or a decent reason?
Come on - we are talking about SERVERs here!