jprochniak

Multi-Level Conditional Value List

Discussion created by jprochniak on Apr 29, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 by keywords

Hello everyone.

This subject seems to be covered in other postings but I seem to be missing something. I'm attempting to create a multi-level conditional value list for aircraft maintenance and what's called a "Minimum Equipment List." Essentially it comes down to three categories: Aircraft, Equipment Item (or ATA) Chapter, and Item. That being said, each individual aircraft has certain ATA chapters and within those are specific maintenance items to choose from. To address this I've created an "Items" table that lists the Aircraft, ATA Chapter, and maintenance item. That table looks like this:

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 2.25.05 PM.png

The idea is that once an aircraft is selected, I can only select an ATA Chapter specific to that aircraft and then an item specific to that ATA chapter. I've created a relationship between the "Aircraft" in the final form and the "Aircraft" in the "Items" table:

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 2.26.03 PM.png

Here's my issue: on the final form I can choose the appropriate aircraft, which limits the ATA Chapters taht I can pick, but when Ii comes to picking the item, all of the items listed in the item column of the items table populate my drop down list. I'm only looking to populate that drop down list with items associated with that aircraft and ATA chapter, not the whole list. This is what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 2.36.44 PM.png

I've gone through the FM support page reference conditional value lists, as well as the Team DF link (http://www.teamdf.com/weetbicks/conditional-value-lists-pt-1-what-are-they-how-to-build-them/24) but I'm still missing something and I'm pretty sure it's something simple. I can get the first condition to work but not a second.

Any thoughts??

Thanks everyone!

Outcomes