4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2014 6:44 AM by jmproulx

Radio button image appears in field

jmproulx

I am probably missing something very basic here. I have a radio butonn on my layout that offers the choice between 3 numbers : 5, 10, 15. In table view, instead of seeing the selected number, I see an image of the radio button with the selected value checked. How can I be sure that the field contains the number selected ?

• 1. Re: Radio button image appears in field
          jbrown

HI.

You can rest assured that the value is the only thing stored in the field.

To prove it, duplicate the field and take away the radial button choice. You'll see just the value.

jb

• 2. Re: Radio button image appears in field
            jmproulx

Fine, I am sure now. Then, how can the value appears in table view instead of the image ? Thank you for your help.

jmp

• 3. Re: Radio button image appears in field
              jbrown

The reason, I think, it shows up in the table view is because you can add or modify records in that view. If you don't want that field to show up that way, go to layout mode and take the radio button choice off. Then in table view you won't see that anymore.

I'm not sure of your flow, but if you need to switch between Form and Table view for a layout, I guess I'd create another layout specifically for the table view and use a button that goes to that layout instead of switching from form to table view. So on your tableview layout, you'd have the field without the radio button option. And on your form view you'd have the radio option for that field.

• 4. Re: Radio button image appears in field
                jmproulx

I now understand why it is that way. I was using the Table view on a second window just to check the data I entered using the Form view.

This answers my question, thank you.

Jean-Marc Proulx