AnsweredAssumed Answered

Server Script to import FM Server Logs

Question asked by mr_scott on May 4, 2014
Latest reply on May 5, 2014 by Vincent_L

Hello:

I'm trying to create a server-side script that will import Event and Stat logs into a temporary table, sort them by the timestamp value in ascending order, then import the sorted records into another file to update and append the existing records.

I've created a server script schedule for the Master script, but it keeps encountering an error 3 (command unavilable). I created another script schedule on the temporary file to run just the vents import, and it keeps encountering an error 100 (missing file). When creating the scripts, I set the compatbility popup menu for Server, and don't see that I included any steps that aren't server compatible, but maybe someone can point me to my errors.

Here is the basic import script for the Events.log import, which sets a path into a local variable (file type popup menu is set to "All Available"):

Set Variable [$eventsFilePath; Value:"file:/Library/FileMaker Server/Logs/Event.log"]

Import Records [No dialog; "$eventsFilePath"; Add; Mac Roman]

I also tried setting the path to be "filemac:/Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Logs/Event.log", but that didn't work either.

FYI: I currently have 4 plug-ins installed on the server: bBox, jsBox, ScriptMaster, and Base Elements. Is it possible this is unsupported without a plugin?

Thanks in advance,

- - Scott

Outcomes