chronister

Relationship help

Discussion created by chronister on May 10, 2014
Latest reply on May 11, 2014 by mark_b

Hello all,

I hope everyone is doing well and has enjoyed their weekends.

I am hoping to get help with a relationship question. I am used to Access and MySql in that when I want data, I query it and get what I want. Simple.... the relationship aspects of FM to "query" data is kinda eluding me still.

At it's simplest is this. Creating an Animal Shelter Management system. Animals table (animalID_PK), linked to MedicalTreatments (animalID_FK). In Med treatments, I want to get just the subset of treatments that are scheduled for the future. I don't see a need to create 2 tables when 1 table and a completed checkbox will suffice.

So I have the first relationship taken care of.I can get Medical Treatments by animal, and view it in the animal records or in the med treatments layout. I have not decided if TreatmentsDue relationship graph item will be a portal or main layout (list view), but I need to filter out completed records, and then sort by date. Should be simple right??

I created a duplicate of the Medical treatments table (upcomingTreatments) and joined it to the MedicalTreatments table and have my join fields set, but it is not filtering and I cannot for the life of me determine why. It is a T / F field and I have tried using it as Text and using "True" as my match item (using not equal to in the join relationship), And I have tried using numeric field type and 1 as the match field.

Can anyone see why I can't create a list type layout with the upcomingtTreatments view and have the completed filtered out?

med_treatment_match_FM.jpg

Thanks Folks,

Nate

Outcomes