alan_barker

FMPS13.02 Admin Console

Discussion created by alan_barker on May 12, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 by keywords

I'm starting a new discussion thread, but this same topic has been touched on a number of times, and I've responded to others reporting the terrible response time of the admin console only after applying the 13.02 patch that came out last week. I know I'm not the only one with the problem, but I'm disppointed that Filemaker has not even acknowledged that there is an issue.

I'm runnning FMPS13.02 on a Server 2008 R2 very strong machine, but after patching to fmps 13.02 the Admin console spends the vast majority of its time with the spinning green-yellow-red activity indicator trying to refresh. trying to scroll up and down amongst my 60 schedules is particularily frustating - it only displays 4 or 5 at a time, and then it takes another 2-5 minutes to scroll down to the next 5 schedules. This is not usable.

Initially I worked from the original 13.0 installation, then patched to the 13.01a (heart-bleed) patch, and then the 13.02 patch. It was suggested by FMI that I go ahead and do a full 13.02 install, and I did that Sunday (without uninstalling first). This has not changed the response issue - it is still terrible.

I would like to hear if others have the issue, and if FMI has any suggestions. I'm hosting about 90 databases, with nearly 150 active users during the day, so bouncing the machine during working hours is a non-starter for me.

HELP

Outcomes