1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2014 3:34 PM by Stephen Huston

FileMaker Developer Subscription

SteveNoble

I am questionng the value of the developer subscription for 99 per year. Mine is about up, What you get is

1. Filemaker server for development only. I already have FM Server, so this is no value to me. This used to included FMS advanced which made it a better value since less people would have owned Advanced.

2. Electronic Download of the lastest training series. Now valued at 20.00. Based on history and new on comes out about 18-24 months.

3. Preview new software 30 days before release.

What I see year is 99 just to see the next version 30 days ahead. I realize 99 dollars will not break the bank.

I am wondering if I am missing something here?

• 1. Re: FileMaker Developer Subscription
          Stephen Huston

Those three things are exactly what you get for the subscription price, even according to FMI.

Each of these has a different value to each developer, so your estimation of its value to you is probably the correct one.

For developers who otherwise would need to buy a separate copy of FMServer for testing, $99 is a steal. For many of us who have been at this for years and count on FileMaker for our business income, even as little as 30 days preview time for upcoming software is a llifesafer (sometimes it has been longer than 30 days).

FMI has generously made TechNet available to subscribers and non-subscribers alike, which is an amazing value in itself if you decide to save the money this year. Sweet deal either way.