madmike6537

What do you get out of DevCon? Trying to justify the trip...

Discussion created by madmike6537 on May 13, 2014
Latest reply on May 17, 2014 by ryanjbest

So I am new developer to FM, been working on a solution for a family member owned company for maybe a year. Right now its more or less a part time after hours peice for me, but I am hoping to sell the solution I have been working on to other similar businesses in the future.

So I ask - what do you typically get out of going to the DevCon? I have been to some of these for other jobs and it was just a bunch of drinking and socializing. Dont get me wrong, I like a drink here or there but for the kind of money I would be spending I really want to learn new things. Outside of the keynote which sounds like it gives you a vision of where FM is going (which would be great), do you find yourself leaving with new techniques that you didnt know? Would you say attending would help a newer developer learn a lot, or is it more about meeting people and making networking connections?

The one thing that sounded really interesting the panel that you can tell about your solution and get advice, sounds pretty interesting.

Let me know your thoughts, I think I am close to talking myself into going but I just want to make sure that I will walk away and not regret it!

Thank you!

Outcomes