5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 11:43 PM by erolst

Hide when...OR

bigtom

I have a popover button that I only want visible when the proper text is in a certain field. There are only two cases for this to happen. I am having trouble with the proper boolean expression I guess.

I have TableName::FieldName ≠ "Text1" working in the hide object section. However, (TableName::FieldName ≠ "Text1" or TableName::FieldName ≠ "Text2") is not working.

What am I doing wrong here?

• 1. Re: Hide when...OR
          user19752

Use 'and' instead of 'or'

or,

not ( TableName::FieldName = "Text1" or TableName::FieldName = "Text2" )

will fit for you.

• 2. Re: Hide when...OR
            bigtom

For the time being I have duplicated the Popover button with one condition each, but there should be a way to do this with the correct expression I hope.

Crossed post.

Message was edited by: bigtom

• 3. Re: Hide when...OR
              bigtom

Why 'and' instead of 'or'?

The

does work, but it seems like the same thing in a different way. I am curious why what I had was not working.

• 4. Re: Hide when...OR
                Malcolm

I have a popover button that I only want visible when the proper text is in a certain field. There are only two cases for this to happen.

If complex boolean equations give you headaches, use Case(). The following equation returns a true result unless field  equals either A or B.

Case (

field = A ; 0 ;

field = B ; 0 ;

)

Malcolm

• 5. Re: Hide when...OR
                  erolst

bigtom wrote:

Why 'and' instead of 'or'?

The

does work, but it seems like the same thing in a different way. I am curious why what I had was not working.

Because according to Boolean logic,

is the same as

not TableName::FieldName = "Text1" and not TableName::FieldName = "Text2"

as

he_is ( not ( Harry or Larry ) ) = he_is not Harry and he_is not Larry

shows in a (maybe) more intuitive way.