I leverage the Import Records script step (from an ODBC source, if that is jermane to the discussion) in a number of my solutions and I have noted an interesting issue that seems to crop up everytime I set up a new workstation (the solution is hosted on FM Server 13)
When I set up a new client, I install Filemaker and the user enviornment. This includes configuring the ODBC data sources on the computer (and I match the DNS to the information already in the Filemaker solution).
When I test the solution thru the ESS representations of the ODBC data, everything works fine. In other words, the DNS is set correctly and is mapping the ESS.