3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2014 7:39 AM by keefbc

Problem With Web Viewer Only In Preview Mode

mleering

Hi All;

I'm using FMPA 13, Win 7 and IE 11.

I've created an Org Chart using the data protocol, and some javascript libraries that can be found at the following address:

http://librerias.logicas.org/lib_gg_orgchart/

Everything works fantastic in Browse mode, but I need a printable version of this too, and I would like to stay in FileMaker for the printable version. The problem that I'm running into is that my entire Org Chart disappears when I enter preview mode.

• I understand that web viewers maintain their state when switching between browse/preview mode
      • I've given the web viewer a name, and can tell that it still has the proper content (using GetLayoutObjectAttribute)
      • I've tried removing everything that I can from the HTML (before the JS mods happen) without success

This problem still persists though.

I'm no javascript or SVG expert, so I'm turning to the community for advice here.

Does anybody know of anything that will work in the web viewer when in browse mode, but not in preview mode?

In case it helps, I think what the JS libraries do involves transforming my JSON into SVG rectangles and TSPANs.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Matt

*Update: Added sample HTML as attachment.

Also found out that this problem only happens on Windows. Guessing it has something to do with how IE renders SVG.

• 1. Re: Problem With Web Viewer Only In Preview Mode
          keefbc

Hi Matt

Which version of IE are you using in Windows? - I had a similar problem with IE 8 (and below) as they apparently cannot render SVG. IE 9 and above are fine.

I ended up with a browser version check and using bit maps if the IE version was 8 or below.

Keef

• 2. Re: Problem With Web Viewer Only In Preview Mode
            mleering

Internet Explorer 11

• 3. Re: Problem With Web Viewer Only In Preview Mode
              keefbc

Hi Matt

Ahh, IE 11 should be OK with SVG - I read your post properly and should have noticed

Anyway, I found your post after having a 'possibly' related problem with FMP 13 Advanced on Windows 7 with IE 8 and OS X Mavericks and Safari 7.0.4.

I am using a Web Viewer window on a print page to show a Google Map with locations - the location's list is shown just below the web viewer window.

In Windows 7 with IE 8 - browse mode OK, preview and print 'often' don't show the web viewer content but just for 'certain' combinations of locations - this is repeatable for those combinations of locations.

In Mavericks with Safari - browse mode OK, preview and print 'often' don't show the web viewer content but just for certain combinations of locations - this is also repeatable for those combinations of locations. However, if you go back to browse mode and then back to preview for one combination of locations that won't display, the web viewer then displays the map at the default zoom level - normal behaviour location lists display the map properly at the chosen zoom level.

Any thoughts?

KeefContactList.jpg