2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 3:00 PM by disabled_ScottKoontz

Naming of Container field contents

hrcap

Evening All

I have a database that stores training certificates for employees,

1) i have a field that is titled: attachment_front this field holds the front side of the certificate in pdf format.

2) once the certificate is entered into the field i then hover at the bottom of the container field and the pop-up type interactive menu appears.

3) I then click on the 'Open PDF in Preview option'

4) the PDF then opens and is titled with a random name e.g. 'FM-222C7C6F-E3B5-408A-BCE5-95BBA3593821.pdf'

My question is can i get this pdf to open and have the name of the certificate which is held in a field titled: document_title, this would save the user having to change the name of the pdf when they want to save it.

Many thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers

Hadleigh

• 1. Re: Naming of Container field contents
          Stephen Huston

At what point does the name of the PDF become import? If only when you save it to disk, the use of a nice simple name can be scripted using the script step to save as PDF. This requires setting a proper filepath, usually to the user's desktop, and either grabbing the desired file name from a field or via a custom dialog where it can be stored in a $variable and use to complete the $filepath variable in the script.

• 2. Re: Naming of Container field contents

We are also trying to figure out when the filename of the PDF doesn't transfer to the user's save or view. If we inset the file (edit: file icon appears) it will retain the filename. If it is an interactive PDF, then we get what appears to be a secure path. Saving the file as open or secure does not change this anomoly.