2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2014 8:39 PM by fmdataweb

Importing from FileMaker Server via CWP XML

fmdataweb

I'm trying to import a record from a FileMaker Server Custom Web Publishing XML -find query (I can't import via the standard .fmp12 file format on this particular project for a number of security related reasons - don't ask!).

I can successfully call the CWP XML query - e.g. http://192.168.123.101/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=employees&-lay=family&Country=USA&-find - and view the xml returned in a web browser.

I'm now trying to perform a FileMaker Pro import via XML Data Source HTTP Request using that some URL, but I'm getting the error "There is not enough XML/XSL information to proceed with the import or export". I gather I probably need to use a XSLT stylesheet to transform the CWP XML output into the format that can be imported into FileMaker Pro - does anyone have an example of such a stylesheet as I'm very much a newbie when it comes to XSLT but could definitely take an example and run with it.

I'm importing one record from a single table so my needs are very straightforward - just not sure where to start with the XSLT.

thanks,

Steve