I'd like to look at your file and see if I can help, but it needs a user name and password. Please advise.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
There are several problems.
1. It is not generally a good idea to publish all your actual business data such as company names, contact names, etc on a pubic list.
2. The value list is attached to the wrong field. It should be attached to the _kf_ContactID_OrderedBy field.
3. The value list won't work because it is not based on the contact ID.
4. The value list should be set up to show only contacts associated with the order company.
5. You have defined the field FullNameFirstLast as a number field. The result should be TEXT.
Password is admin
Thank-you for your help. I deleted the file and will re-post without the data, I feel like a jerkoff.
Ok, so I re-set the first field to ORDER::_kf_ContactID_orderedby.
I didn't see what you were talking about, the second field is ORDER::OrderedBy_FullNameFirstLast, which is set to text, lookup based on the ContactID
I've tried lots of iterations of this, right now I have the value list set this way, and I still only get two names returned:
I've tried it with showing all results and with filter by ORDER
If I change it to filter by order_COMPANY, I get a ?. If I click on the ? I get a single name, but it is correct for the selected company in the order.
The contacts fullName calc field is currently defined as a number field. Look again. Look into the right table.
Thank-you, I have literally been trying to solve this for two weeks. This is my Capstone project for my ISM degree, and it is kicking my backside. I figured I had something simple like that messed up.