AnsweredAssumed Answered

Form data validation question.

Question asked by eliahoo on May 21, 2014
Latest reply on May 21, 2014 by keywords

I have a record detail layout “employee detail”

I have a database with table:: EMPLOYEE, table::CERT_LINE that is populated via dropdown from table: CE_COURSE.

I have an entry container that enters and displays a list of entry values to CERT_LIST which include ::COURSE_NAME and ::EXP DATE

I have a container that displays a set of check boxes that use control from EMPLOYEE::CERT_LIST CHECK and validates against a list for populating the check boxes with checks: using the following calculation type:

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "AWCT Arduous WCT" ); "AWCT Arduous WCT¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "I-100 Introduction to Incident Command System" ); "I-100 Introduction to Incident Command System¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "IS-00700 National Incident Management System: An Introduction" ); "IS-00700 National Incident Management System: An Introduction¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "L-180 Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service" ); "L-180 Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "RT-130 Annual Wildland Refresher Course" ); "RT-130 Annual Wildland Refresher Course¶"

)

PROBLEM: right now the validation populates the check boxes if the course is on the list. I need to also validate the date as not being expired. Not less than today + 30

perhapsI need to insert an AND statement such that the ::COURSE_NAME AND::EXP_DATE are validated Such that the check box is not checked unless the CERT_LINE::EXP_DATE is greater than today or ideally today + 30

If(

TODAY <> 1;"_? "

) &

If(

CERT_LINE::EXP_DATE < GetAsDate(Get ( CurrentHostTimeStamp ));"_? "

)

Outcomes