deninger

Export Field or Export Records to .csv w/ windows line feeds

Discussion created by deninger on May 23, 2014
Latest reply on May 29, 2014 by deninger

I am trying to create a file for a company (for Electronic Data Interchange) from Filemaker Pro 13 on a Mac. I have run into a problem with the files when I open them in Windows (the platform the other company works with the file in)

When I look at the exported data on my Mac, it appears that each record is on its own line (like I expect).

When I look at the exported data on Win 7 (notepad), the data is all run together in one very long line.

I have searched for solutions both on the net and here, and have not managed to find any workaround. So far, I have tried.

Export Records (Windows ANSI) specifiying the fields to be exported within the script line

Export Records (ASCII DOS) specifiying the fields to be exported within the script line

Export Records (Windows ANSI) exporting a single field containing the entire record in csv format

Export Records (ASCII DOS) exporting a single field containing the entire record in csv format

Creating a text object as a variable using CHAR(10) and CHAR(13) alone and in combination) at the end of each line and exporting this with Export Field

Any othe suggestions or advice?

Outcomes