8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 3:06 PM by waltnorris

Folder visible in Manage Layouts... is not visible in View menu or Status Toolbar layout menus

itraining

G'day Readers

Working on a database originally created in FMP11, then upgraded to FMP12 and finally working in FMP13.

The file has moved around a bit and has been modified on Windows XP, Windows 7, Mac OS X Lion and Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Using the Manage:Layouts... dialog box I used the Duplicate button to make a copy of a folder and the layouts the folder contained.

The duplicate worked as expected and I was able to rename the duplicated folder, rename the duplicated layouts and change to context of each duplicated layout.

Everything looks hunkey-dorey in the Manage:Layouts dialog box (see attachment 01).

However, the original folder, the folder I selected before clicking the Duplicate button is missing in the:

(a) View:Go To Layout submenu (see attachment 02)

(b) Status Toolbar - Layouts drop-down menu (see attachment 03)

Troubleshooting so far:

(i) created a new folder beneath the original folder - FAIL to resolve issue

(ii) close the database and use Open Remote... to re-open it - FAIL to resolve issue

Questions:

(1) Has anyone else encountered this inconsistent folder display issue?

(2) Can anybody suggest a troubleshooting strategy to resolve the issue?

Any clarification about the issue will be greatly appreciated.

Bye for now.

Michael Richards

Brisbane (Australia)