2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2014 4:26 AM by gagnon1937

Problem with PDF Container Fields

gagnon1937

I am running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v5. I followed the instructions for creating an interactive container field and inserted a PDF file (Example: file name BT.pdf). That field is blank on Computer1. Nothing appears in that field. Also, every time I open that FileMaker file, it creates another version of the PDF file on my desktop (BT-1.pdf, BT-2,pdf, etc). It also creates duplicate PDF files when I go into the layout mode and return to the browse mode. When I email that file to my other computer (Computer2) running the same OSX and FileMaker versions, the PDF file appears interactively in the container field - I can view it, scroll through it, etc. Using Computer2, I created from scratch another FMP file with a container field and inserted the same PDF - the container field works properly on Computer2. But when I email that FMP file to Computer1, that same container field is blank. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this behavior and how to overcome it? I do all of my FMP development work on Computer1 so I would like to get it working properly. I have one plug-in (SMTP-it) but I have disabled it.

Preferences
      §
      -
      =
      Backspace
      Tab
      q
      w
      e
      r
      t
      y