3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 3:11 PM by jrenfrew

Windows Plug-In Bafflement

atmospherical

I have been pounding my head against a wall trying to get any plugin to install in Windows. No matter the source, it appears that the plugins are broken and they refuse to load.

My primary goal is to get a ScriptMaster generated plugin to install by the Install Plugin script step. After this failed with a 1550 error on a couple different machines, I tried manually installing the BaseElements plugin as a test. Downloaded, unzipped, manually copied to the userAppData...Extensions folder. This also fails to be recognized. Same behavior in v12 and v13. An earlier plugin (ScriptMaster-generated and installed by script step) in v12 is there and loading just fine. The working plugin has a fancy icon, while the non-working ones look like generic document icons.

The same ScriptMaster plugin for Mac, generated at the same time as the Windows one, installs by script step exactly as expected.

Since it's happening to a plug-in besides ScriptMaster, I have to believe it isn't a problem with their plug-in generation.

Anyone with more Windows experience than me (which is, admittedly, a pretty low bar) have any ideas how I can fix this?