5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 8:48 PM by hjvanes

Significant Import Issue

hjvanes

Hello FM PPL,

I have come across an issue that is just giving me a significant headache and wondering if others may have had it in the past and what they found may have been the cause of it.

I have a script which naturally imports data from a previous version to a new version.

I recently updated my solution with addition changes and some extra fields.

I have 13 layouts. When I import data, it will import data correctly for 12 out of 13 layouts.

The one layout it does not fully import data for is the one that holds all the financial information. In fact it only imports 3 records and that's it.

The import has been set like the others to match field names

open old DB

go to layout timesheets

show all records

delete all records

import

set next serial number

close db

Old solution to be imported from does have all the records in the specific layout.

Any help, ideas, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

HJ

• 1. Re: Significant Import Issue
          wimdecorte

Is there any error returned on the import script step for that one layout?  That should tell you something meaningful.

• 2. Re: Significant Import Issue
            taylorsharpe

What version of FileMaker?  Can you us what you have checked on the import dialog box for mapping fields such as:

Untitled-1.jpg

In particular, I would like to see what you have on the Imoprt Action and Field Mapping.  You might want to compare those to what you had in the other imports.  Also, are you performing auto importing actions when you import?  If so, are there any validations that may be violated?

• 3. Re: Significant Import Issue
              rgordon

Did you check to see if all of the records are active in the old files?  Are you using the correct table occurrences for the import?

• 4. Re: Significant Import Issue
                hjvanes

No error given.

However, I have discovered one thing that did allow the successfull import of data finally.  This had to do with the relation ship and numbering of the id_timesheet field

On some of the id_timesheets it had as follows in sequencing

etc

I removed the zero in the original file to be imported and performed the import again.  Success.Apparently Fm has trouble with certain serial numbers when commencing with 01, 02, 03 etc.

regards and thank you PPL for your responses.  All responses I did look into which led me to this.

HJ

• 5. Re: Significant Import Issue
                  hjvanes

Solved and issued response to why it caused this.  To do with auto serial number of field when comencing with 01.  Some records on creation had 01 others just displayed without the zero'

So make sure that auto serial first number is not 01...rather just a simple 1

HJ