There is/was a number of sub-topic records with currently non-existing FKs, which were then “grabbed“ by any newly created topic with a matching PK.
Past Topic PK 41 this “phenomenon” will disappear.
Thanks for your quick reply. Now to reply to your answer..............huh?...lol. I'm sorry for my newbie-ness, but I don't know what you mean, what I did wrong, and how to fix it. If you could point me in the right direction I would greately appreciate it.
Nevermind...you pointed me in the right direction and I got it fixed. Now a better question, how did you figure it out....that's the genius
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Seems to me that the auto increment setting for the Topic table primary key is out of sync with actual conditions. The topic table has 36 records, the max value in the primary key field field is 41, and the auto increment next value is set to 36. The primary key should be unique AND always have next increment value set to 1 greater than the max.
I just noticed that...cant figure out how that happened, maybe when I imported the records from iPad back to desktop. I also have duplicates.
Edit: It was an Import issue...duplicating records. All better now..(i think)
Thanks for taking the time to respond.