AnsweredAssumed Answered

Honeywell Quantum T (model MS3580) Scanner Issue

Question asked by mdenyse on Jun 5, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 by taylorsharpe

Hi all,

I have an existing solution using a Honeywell Quantum T (model MS3580) bar code scanner to scan some simple bar codes. On FileMaker Pro 12 with Windows 7 it’s been working fine. After upgrading the FileMaker Pro 13, we’re seeing some scans insert the characters out of sequence.

For example, scanning 025 sometimes returns 052, 205, or 502 (I have leading zero(s) in front of all numbers < 100 so every number is 3 digits long). I’ve also seen it do 02<tab>5 so the 5 ends up in the next field. Of course, on my Mac with FM Pro 13 it works 100% of the time, although it fails running FM Pro 13 under Parallels. This setup normally runs on only one PC, but I was able to reproduce it by moving the scanner to identical PC configurations.

The bar codes are in the format *.025*

The scanner sends a tab character after the bar code.

The period character is my signal to my layout keyboard trigger to navigate to the proper field.

The only moving part that changed was the upgrade to FM Pro 13. I know for a fact the PC's were not upgraded in any way except for FM Pro 13, so it would appear to be something about Windows FM Pro 13.

Anyone have ideas/suggestions?

Mark

Outcomes