Looks to be something specific to your file settings/configuration.
Here is a screenshot of a new blank file in FM13 I just made.
full access is grayed out, data entry and read only are valid options.
How much have you played around with the security options / user accounts / privilege sets in this file?
I don't want to point to corruption, but your screenshot sure looks suspicious.
Oh, one other thing I thought of, do you have a specific context selected? IE "webdirect" selected from the "compatibility" menu? I went through and checked and the options were the same for me in all contexts there. I only ask because that's the one thing I know that grays out options on script steps regularly.
Thanks Mike, but it's not a "compatibility" issue. It must be corruption of some sort. I'll try a recovery.
backup backup backup...
Get coffee and donuts...
then try a recovery...
I've just had advice from Stephen Huston which fixed it. For some reason at some time (can't remember why) I have changed the order of the privilege sets. [Full Access] is meant to be on top. It's strange that the set at the top is always unavailable when the intention as documented by FM was that [Full Access] should always be unable to be set by the Add Account script step.
I guess they figured that it would fail anyway, which it does.
Thanks for your input,