Is it possible that, in the Oracle database, the users who are seeing the error do not have permission to see the column being as a key?
It's a thought, Tim, but it's a public view. I also put a test database up, pointing to the same view, and at least one of the users is able to see that column.
So that makes me think something is wrong with the database, but it still behaves the same way after a Recover. I also get the same strangeness on a different server. This is REALLY strange behavior.
Any other ideas?
You were on the right track. The permissions in the Oracle database weren't the problem; the permissions on the FileMaker side were.
Thanks for the help.
I'm glad to hear that you figured it out. I had a feeling it was permissions-related, because you mentioned that some users could see the column.
Yeah, I ended up chasing my tail down all sorts of bunny trails until I realized all the users having the problem were logging in under the same priv set … DOH!
I've seen a similar issue with Windows FileMaker 9 clients accessing a MySQL database via ESS. I never did resolve the issue satisfactorily. I know it was not a permissions problem. If the same users logged in to the solution on a Mac, they never had an issue. It was only on occasion on a Windows platform. The solution was server-based, so I just chalked it up to some sort of Windows, FileMaker-on-Windows, wonkiness.