2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 10:15 AM by mikebeargie

Drop-down Calendar entry in FMP-Go?

mark_b

Hi All,

I feel really stupid. I am new to FMGo but not to FMP. I have a layout with the drop-down calendar option turned on for a date field. In FMP when I select that field, a calendar appears with today's date pre-selected and all I do is click on the calendar date and it is entered into the field. On my iPad, when the field is selected, the "date picker" appears with today's date pre-selected. It appears that the only way I can get a date to be entered is to scroll through the months, days and years and then back to today's date to get a date to enter. Usually it will be a different date, so I have to scroll through the options to get the date to be today's date. How does one enter a date into a date field on FMGo without selecting the wrong date and corecting it?

Cheers, Mark

• 1. Re: Drop-down Calendar entry in FMP-Go?
          mark_b

Hi All,

Well, since there have been no replies, I assume that this behavior is the way Go is designed.  Since most of the new records will have the current date entered, I created an auto enter calculation for the current date.  That solved the problem.  If I want a different date, then I can use the date picker to change it.  I was hoping that there was some magic to be able to tap, drag or double tap on the date to have it enter the field, but apparently you must change something to get Go to enter the date.

Cheers, Mark

• 2. Re: Drop-down Calendar entry in FMP-Go?
            mikebeargie

Hi Mark,

The showing of the current date is the default behavior if your date field is blank when the field is activated.

If you used a script trigger, you could place a date into an empty field as a user selects it in go, so that date would be displayed instead of the current date.

The way the date picker works in iOS requires a date to be selected for displaying the wheels.

Since in the latest version of Go we got the ability to set specific keyboard types for text and number fields, it might be possible that we get to control the selectors for date fields in the future.