AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inventory Report

Question asked by probable on Jun 15, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2014 by keywords

Mac OS 10.7.5

FileMaker Pro 13.0v1

I want to show the current inventory of about thirty items. The items are containers of material of different descriptions. My inventory report needs to show the number of containers remaining.

I’ve put the beginning inventory numbers in a table with item codes, brands and descriptions, but that could be changed. I call that table “Items”

I haven’t decided where to put additions to the inventory, but it seems they should go in a table by themselves. I’ll probably call that table “Additions.”

The daily use of the items is in its own table that is the heart of the database and is quite convenient. It’s called “Daily.” Although the use is entered as the amount taken from each container (the net quantity per container is not regular), the count of containers used is accumulated in summary count fields. FWIW, the structure that yields the counts is described in the next paragraph.

In the Daily table, each record has a stored field with the code of the item used, a stored field with the quantity of material used, and also unstored, calculated fields for all the thirty-odd items. Each calculated field compares the stored item code to one of the item codes. If there is a match, the calculated field captures the quantity of material that is stored in that record. The calculated fields that do not correspond to the stored item code are blank. There is a summary count field for each of the calculated fields I’ve just described.

So I have the Items table with the initial inventory quanties, the Daily table with the use or removal of containers from inventory, and will probably have another table called Additions to hold additions to inventory. Other than using SQL, is there a way to make a report that will show the item totals of the initial inventory, the quantites removed from inventory, and the additions to inventory?

I haven’t succeeded in combining the initial inventory numbers with the counts of use.

Outcomes