2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2014 10:47 PM by manjit

Filemaker Runtime Error

manjit

Hi all,

In Filemaker 13 the RUNTIME ERRORS are occuring more and more why? Do anybody have any idea to solve it. I have observed theat when I did any chnages to a layout and came to BROWSE mode when the layout not able to load its simply showing "Runtime Error" and when I click on that error dialogbox the application get crashed. When I open that file again its open with out any error but when I navigate to that particular layout where I had faced the Runtime Error the Filemaker again shows the same error and get crashed. Then I take a new file from last backup and then remember what changes I have done on the layout and not to do that again. But I am loosing all my recent modifications .

The issue is showing like the screenshot attached.

**This issues have been seen whenever there are over lapping of few objects or miss alignments of objects (mostly Popovers, Slide Controls). The crashing of files are mostly seen when its fails to load contains of a Popover or Slide controls.

Please any suggestions to handle this.

with best regards,

Manjit

• 1. Re: Filemaker Runtime Error
          mikebeargie

Manjit,

It appears to be a problem with your installation, not necessarily your file itself. There are thousands of FM13 windows users that have never had an issue like this.

I would suggest at a minimum, you should try uninstalling and reinstalling filemaker, and then updating to the latest version. At the worst case scenario, the C++ libraries are so deeply embedded into windows, that you might need to completely wipe and reinstall windows before installing filemaker again if the C++ libraries are incomplete or corrupt.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Runtime Error
            manjit

Thanks Mike,

This issues have been seen 6-8 times from last 2 months I never faced this type of issues in earlier version of Filemaker (9-12). I will follow your instructions and try if it can solve my issues.

with best regards,

Manjit