AnsweredAssumed Answered

go to field doesn't work all the time?

Question asked by tonymak on Jun 18, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 by user19752

I have two layouts, one is a modified copy of the first.

on these layouts i have several popovers. one seems to not play nice.

the problem popover does this:

it contains two fields input fields (from current table).

these are to gather a widht and height input for an ordered object.

the steps to the issue:

button is pressed to open popover.

when popover opens i have a script trigger to go to field(Select/perform) to make the width field in focus.

user enters an integer say 24

then to add a fraction (Decimal) i have them press one of 7 buttons 1/8, 1/4. 3/8 etc.

pressing a fraction button a script is run to add the appropriate decimal to the integer in the width field.

the final script step in the fractional button is a go to field(Select/perform) to go bring the height field in focus. (it is in the same popover).

on the oroginally created layout the routine works flawless. the focus goes from width to height, then after selecting the fractional button for the height field the popup is closed and the exit script on the popover triggers a script to check that the entries are within the products scecifications.

however in the layout that was created by duplicating the original, some modifications made (The two scripts are used for different things)

the popover action is really strange,

after inputing the width, then pressing the fraction button, instead of going to the height field the popover closes.

it uses the same script as the original, the width and height fields are of the same table as the original layout. the script triggers are setup the same. but the duplicated layout acts as if the height field is not present on the layout so the go to fails as if the script is looking for the field but can't find it.

i've tried everything remove re-add in the height width fields on the layout rewrite the scripts, used seperate scripts even, the duplicated layout just seemd to rfuse to belive there is a height field on it to go to. oh and i also removed the height field from the popup and placed it on the main layout and still nothing the height will not be brought to focus.

i have this same issue on other layouts also where i have only a width field in a popover with go to field in entry triggr, on original layout the routine runs perfect, but on the duplcated layout imediatly when pressin the popover button it opens a small amount and instantly closes, removing the go to field trigger all is happy in the worlkd except of course my width field isn't in focus.

has anyone seen this and found a work around? it's almost as if somhow filemaker is thinking on the duplicate layout the height field doesn't exist or maybe thinks it need to be finding the height on the original layout without a goto layout script step. it seems to always happen on duplicating a layout.

this action works the same using it on a mac book pro using filemaker pro advanced or a ipad using go

Attachments

Outcomes