2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 7:23 AM by morrismedia

Password Requirement for Import

morrismedia

I have a situation where I need one FM DB to import records from another FM DB hosted on another computer at another location. The script to accomplish this is fairly simple it deletes all records in the receiving DB and then using the import script step follows a IP address to the remotely hosted DB and imports all of its records. The only problem is that this script is supposed to run un attended at 2:00 am and for some reason I can't get it to save the account name and password for the remote DB so it requires me to type it in each time. Is there a way to set this up so it doesn't require the password to be entered each time the remote DB is accessed? I've tried using the same user account and password to open both databases and I input the same account and password when I initiate the import script step however, it requires a authentication each time the script runs. Is there a way to store the account name and PW so it won't require it each time I use the import script step?

Thanks ahead of time for any responses!