AnsweredAssumed Answered

PDF Not Displaying in FM 13 Container Field

Question asked by RichardBurton on Jun 19, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2014 by RichardBurton

Hello Experts!

Here's the scenario. I am on a Mac OS 10.8.5 with FM 13.03 and Adobe Reader v11.0.7.

I have a test database with two container fields. One is defined to store internally (NOT by reference), and one is defined to store externally.

Both are placed on a layout. Both are formatted for Interactive Content. Start playback automatically is NOT checked.

For either field, when I click in the field and choose "Insert PDF" from the INSERT menu I get a black container field. I am unable to view the PDF. The test PDFs are small in size.

I have tried setting Adobe Reader as the default program to open PDFs and also Preview as the default program to open PDFs. It makes no difference in the results I get with viewing the PDFs in Filemaker in the container fields.

Moving the test database to a Windows 7 machine, the PDF fields operate correctly.

Searching the Knowledge Base I found a reference to PDF files not displaying correctly on a Mac with Adobe reader 7 and the suggested remedy was to update the Adobe Reader program. I'm using the latest Adobe Reader v11.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have a suggestion? All replies welcome!

Best wishes,

Richard Burton

Outcomes