Troi Automatisering releases Troi URL Plug-in 4.0 for FileMaker Pro 13
New URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 13 adds support for 64-bit architecture on FileMaker Server 13 and WebDirect.
June 24th, 2014, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi URL Plug-in 4.0 for FileMaker Pro 13.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- use the GET command to retrieve data
- use the PUT command to to transfer files or upload data to web servers
- use the DELETE command to delete items on web servers
- use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- get access to password protected web pages, including those that require OAuth authorization
- encode text into HTTP format
- get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- specify cookies and proxy server settings
- send tweets to Twitter with ease!
What is new in version 4.0?
Troi URL Plug-in 4.0 is a major upgrade which adds these new features:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 13, including 13.0v3.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture. On Windows there are now 2 plug-ins: Troi_URL.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_URL.fmx64 (for 64-bit). Only Filemaker Server and FileMaker WebDirect are 64-bit processes and require the Troi_URL.fmx64 version to be installed. On OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in.
- Improved the Twitter example file: it is now always using a secure HTTPS connection for posing tweets, as Twitter switched off posting via the (less secure) HTTP protocol.
- Improved the example file FillForm: it is now easier to set the username and password and to specify an encoding switch.
- Several small corrections in the Read Me file and example files.
This plug-in allows you to easily get data from web servers on the Internet or send information to them. We invite you to test drive the new plug-in and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 4.0 is available for downloading from Troi's Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/urlplugin.html
Troi URL Plug-in 4.0 works with FileMaker Pro 11, 12 and 13. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Pro Advanced 11, 12 or 13. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.6.x or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1.
IMPORTANT: This plug-in drops support for Windows XP (the plug-in will no longer load on XP). On Mac OS X the plug-in will not load on 10.5 and earlier.
Licenses cost US$ 79 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi URL Plug-in 4.0 also works with FileMaker Server 11, 12 or 13 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by WebDirect or the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 349.
Troi URL Plug-in 4.0 requires a new registration string. Users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after January 1st, 2014 are entitled to a free upgrade. We will email all eligible customers a new 4.0 registration string.
Upgrades from licenses bought before January 1st, 2014, are available from US$ 49 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: