7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 3:13 AM by DanielShanahan

Go To Object Bug?

DanielShanahan

This sure seems like a bug to me but I'd like to get the community's opinion.

I have a tab control with two tabs, each tab has an object name. In a script (actually, a couple of scripts), I leave the layout, perform some tasks (add or delete records) and return to the layout. Before leaving the layout I am on the second tab of the tab control. When returning, the first tab of the tab control is shown, so in the script I use Go To Object with the object name of the second tab. However, instead of going to the second tab, I remain on the first tab with a 116 error "Layout object is missing".

In the process of testing, I created two circles and named those objects (cleverly dubbed "Circle 1" and "Circle 2") and placed each on a tab. This seems to work, however it returns a 3 error "Command is unavailable (for example, wrong operating system, wrong mode, etc.)".

I know the tabs have been properly selected before naming the object (black rectangle around the tab). Moreover, I copied the object name from the Inspector and pasted it into the Go To Object script step. This sure seems like a bug but perhaps I am missing something obvious (wouldn't be the first time).

To illustrate, I've taken 10 screenshots. Since I can only include 5 to this post, I'll include the other 5 in subsequent posts.