taylorsharpe

Permissions for Backups folder

Discussion created by taylorsharpe on Jul 2, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2014 by techt

I just did a new FMS 13.0.2.295 install with a brand new out of the box Mac Mini 10.9.4. I'm trying to set an external drive for my backups and assign the folder. I have done this many times before. You simply have to get the POSIX permissions correct and whenever it didn't work, it was because I had not set the permissions. However, I can't seem to get it to work this time. Granted this is the first time I've ever worked on 10.9.4, but I can't see what that would have to do with it. I've created a folder "FM Backups" on volume "Backups" which is a USB drive. It shows fine in the Finder. You can see below the folder on the right, the "Get Info" with permissions on the left and that the permissions are set correctly. In the background in the middle you'll see the Admin Console folders tab where you select the folder destinations and as you can see, I have the folder correctly named including the slash at the end. And this path will not validate. I've deleted and recreated the folder. Maybe I'm just an idiot and missing something. It is frustrating because I have done this many times in the past on different Mac servers. Well if anyone can see my mistake or have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks for any input.

permissions.jpg

Outcomes