A useful blog. Good luck with it.
Things I'd suggest...
- Remember your audience - an intro blog is going to be most beneficial to CWP newbies. Explain everything.
- Outline what you're going to cover in future entries
- What is/why use xAMP? Explain the benefits vs alternatives. Newbies may not know what it is
- Issues with CWP and Web Direct on the same server?
- Can you include an RSS feed so we know when new entries are posted?
Thanks for your feedback. I've added an RSS link on the right side of the page. This is my first time writing any sort of a blog myself, so I didn't even think about that. I'll also keep your other comments in mind and may make some changes to my post to help explain some of the things you mentioned.
Congrats ! I'm sure your project will be well received. I imagine it will be hard to address both the new FMP users who already speak PHP and the antique FMP users (myself) who only know a touch of PHP and HTML. Then add in having to note the variations between the three most recent versions of FileMaker ... Big job. Thanks for taking it on.
+1 What DZ said.
Are you plugged in with filemakerprogurus.com? I think it's a great aggregate source for the myriad FileMaker blogs. Then just one RSS to subscribe to that covers many.
Thank you for the post. Look forward to more! I don't know much about CWP, PHP, etc, but am interested in the subject.
I think the blog looks great, David. I look forward to reading it.
Your post indicates that you'll be covering many topics, not just CWP. However, I think there is a great lacuna in that area. Joel Shapiro writes one called F 'n' web but I'm not aware of others. If you wanted to focus on CWP, I bet there would be an appreciative audience, myself included.