TravisButler

Server backup error 20411

Discussion created by TravisButler on Jul 9, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 by Stephen Huston

Greetings!

I've been having a problem with backup schedules on Server 12.0.4.405, running on Windows Server 2008 R2. The backup runs, then aborts with the following error messages in the log:

"Backup aborted by user or due to error; some incomplete files may be left in destination (20411)"

"Schedule 'Hourly' aborted; unexpected error. (20411)"

In all the searching I've done so far, I haven't been able to find any definition for error 20411, so I'm hoping someone can help here.

This happens with all backup schedules - Hourly, Daily, Weekly - with Hourly backups going to an internal drive and Daily/Weekly going to an external. So I'm inclined to believe that it's not a problem with a single schedule or a single drive.

When I look at the destination backup folder, all but two .fmp12 files appear to be copied successfully; those two files appear in the destination but as 12kb placeholders. I don't know if this is a significant factor, but those two files are also the only ones that use external container storage.

I've tried restarting both the FM Server service, and restarting the entire server box; no success.

Any ideas?

Outcomes