I'm working on a solution where the user may have to manually select the record they want to work with. In the past I have used Modal windows to display a portal. Typically it has a button on the portal row to select the record and a cancel button to gracefully exit.
Since I am doing this in 13 I thought a popover would be a great way to do this, but I don't want the user to see or click the Popover button. Here is what I did:
- Created the Popover with the portal.
- Gave the Portal an Object name.
- Set the Popover button to Hide Object when 1, and selected Apply in Find mode ( hides it all the time ).
- When the user clicks the button to select an item when two or more records meet the criteria, the script detects this with an if statement and then uses GoTo Object[ "PORTALOBJECTNAMEHERE"] to open the Popover.
- The script uses a Pause/Resume Script[Indedinitly] to wait for the users input. The buttons on the Popover are set to resume the script so that it can complete the operation.
- The cancel button closes the Popover and exits the script
- Selecting an item opens the item on a detail layout.
Hope this is helpful