We built a database for a client and the custom style sheets we created in the custom theme all use Tahoma as the font. This morning I logged in to their database and the font appears to be some kind of cursive style (see image below). Here's what I can tell you:
- The styles are all still set to Tahoma
- The Formatting bar indicates that selected text in a field isTahoma
- If I copy the text from a field and then paste it into Text Edit, it pastes as Tahoma
- This is only occurring on my machine as far as I can tell.
This leads me to a couple of questions:
- What are the cascading rules in FMP's style sheets? In other words, should it specify sans-serif if the specified font isn't installed (or corrupted) or does it choose some other font if the specified one isn't available? I would expect it to cascade to a generic sans-serif.
- Since Tahoma is displaying properly in other apps on the same machine, what would cause this in FileMaker 13?
Thanks in advance!