2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 5:15 AM by mikebeargie

Web Direct - Value Lists not displaying in drop down list/pop up menu

grath

I have a static value list that pulls from an external filemaker file but won't display. When I click on the list it gives me one blank option. I have a few other value lists on this layout that work and they also are from external files. Everything works fine in FMPA while developing but once it's hosted it doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem?

• 1. Re: Web Direct - Value Lists not displaying in drop down list/pop up menu
          Stephen Huston

The first things I'd check are:

1. Are both files hosted together, were uploaded to the server together, and both have the extended priv for fmwebdirect enabled for the correct priv sets and accounts so they can both be read via webdirect?
          2. Do the account credentials match between the files?
          3. Does the value list in the external file use a dynamic or custom-value list to generate content?
            If dynamic, such as based on a field's content, check the context for that data.
            If dynamic based on related records, the context of a layout's base TO is required to populate it, so it may not populate into another file properly.
          4. Is the external file referenced in the relationship graph so it will be opened automatically as needed?

That's a start.

• 2. Re: Web Direct - Value Lists not displaying in drop down list/pop up menu
            mikebeargie

Also, make sure that the matching credentials in the referenced file specifically have WebDirect permissions enabled for the user account you are logging in with. To elaborate on #2 in Stephen's list above.

1 of 1 people found this helpful