I had a similar issue & found that the renaming process is case sensitive. I had a file called AuditLog but in the file references it was refered to as Auditlog. The files were renamed but the file references did not get updated. I'd check that you have the file references set to exactly match the file names.
Hope that helps.
That did the trick. I'm surprised that I've never seen this happen before since we change file names often when we want copies to run in a dev or staging environment.
One thing that would have been extremely helpful is to have the log file show that errors occurred and why. Every time I did a reaming it just showed the start timestamp and the end timestamp ... not exactly helpful!
Thanks so much for your help, Carl.