5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 3:29 PM by LynneJackson

After updating the server to Mavericks 10.9.4, Interactive Container Fields of PDFs show this error "This page can't be displayed"

LynneJackson

About six months ago, I created a document management system for my client using FileMaker Server 13 and FileMaker Pro 13. The Server is a Mac-Mini, and there are about 8 Windows clients using FileMaker Pro 13.

There are thousands of PDF documents uploaded.

Everything has been working fine, until this morning (Monday morning). On Saturday, my client upgraded his server computer - the Mac Mini - from Mavericks 10.9.3 to Mavericks 10.9.4.

Now, the Windows client computers can see a thumbnail of the pdf document. However, when a user opens the detail page for the PDF document which contains the interactive container field for the PDF, the PDF does not display, and instead, returns this error message:

This page can't be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://192.168.0.6 is correct

•Look for the page with your search engine

•Refresh the page in a few minutes

All the other scripts which allow the importing, exporting and emailing the PDF documents work fine. This indicates to me that the location of the files is correct or else these scripts would not function.

The only issue is that the interactivity of the PDFs and the viewing of the PDFs is gone.

I was not sure where to post this question. But, as the only change that has happened is the small update from Mavericks 10.9.3 to 10.9.4, it seems the issue is on the server side, not the client side.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted!