4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 11:14 AM by FritzMills3

Uploaded File But Can't Open On Server 13

FritzMills3

I have a new file I've created that has no fields and only 1 (empty) layout. I set it to open automatically with user Admin and no password and uploaded it using Sharing-->Upload. When server opened it, it showed me a dialog box asking how I would like to open it (Guest or Account). I thought that odd, since I had set it to open automatically, but typed in "Admin" and left the password field blank. A dialog box opened that said "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action".

I went in to the admin console, closed it, trashed it, and re-opened the local copy from my other machine. Then I created a new user with admin privileges and a password. I uploaded that file the same way, and got tthe same result when I tried to open the hosted version. What's going on?

• 1. Re: Uploaded File But Can't Open On Server 13
          mikebeargie

Does your admin account have permissions to open the file over filemaker network?

• 2. Re: Uploaded File But Can't Open On Server 13
            FritzMills3

I think so. I have 7 other files hosted on the server that all open OK, including some files that open automatically as Admin and other files that require a user name and password. Doing a Get Info and looking at the permissions, all of the files look the same, including the one that refuses to open. The only thing I thought of is that the first time I put the file on the server I manualy copied it into the server's directory in the library rather than try to upload it via FMP (I mounted the directory from my client machine over the network). FMS saw the file and said it opened OK via the admin console, but maybe you aren't supposed to manually copy files to the server directory with FMS 13. I first had the problem when I did the manual copy. So I closed the file in the console and deleted it manually, and then tried to upload it via FMP. When that failed, I tried renaming the file to something different and uploading it via FMP, but that didn't make any difference.

Also, I tried uninstalling FMS, restarting the server, repairing permissions, running OnyX, restarting again and then reinstalling FMS, but it didn't make any difference. The other files still work correctly after all those machinations.

• 3. Re: Uploaded File But Can't Open On Server 13
              mikebeargie

not the server and file permissions. The actual filemaker privilege set permissions.

Make sure there is a solid gray dot under to "Go/Pro" column of the admin console for your file.

• 4. Re: Uploaded File But Can't Open On Server 13
                FritzMills3

Yes, that seems to be the problem. I don't know why, but I just assumed that particular extended privilege would be checked by default for the Full Access privilege set, but when I looked at my local copy of the file, it was unchecked. I haven't tried uploading it yet, but I'm sure it will work now. Thanks!