2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 5:34 AM by Nehme

    Upgrading a solution

    Nehme

      Hi,

       

      I have a problem importing records from an old solution, to a new version of the same solution.

       

      I hope I will be able to explain the problem:

      I want the user to be able to upgrade the solution on his own (I am doing this by myself till now!)

      I did a script that selects the old version file and then import records to the new version file.

       

      For the import script step, I redirect the import to the old file (working fine without any problem), but I can't redirect the import to select the appropriate table in the old file (a random table is selected from the old file).

      This is happening despite

      1- going to appropriate layout in the new version

      2- having same tables names between the old and the new versions

      3- appropriately choosing the table for the new version file (without any problem)

       

      So the problem is to select the appropriate table from the old file, from which records are to be imported.

      What I am doing is that I am running between tables, selecting them manually to be able to do the "upgrade".

       

      Any help?

        • 1. Re: Upgrading a solution
          Mike_Mitchell

          When you store the Import Records script step, the source table is stored as of the latest manual import. Therefore, you should:

           

          1) Perform the manual import.

          2) Edit the Import Records script step in the target script.

          3) Save the script.

          4) Repeat for each Import needed.

           

          This will save the source tables appropriately.

           

          HTH

           

          Mike

          • 2. Re: Upgrading a solution
            Nehme

            Thank you very much for your help.

             

            Usually I do the steps you mentioned when I have a file that I know the name.

            But here, I don't know what will be the file name on the user's laptop.

            This is why I was using a variable to tract the file and do the import (and I couldn't define the table, because I don't have a real file during programming - there was no tables to choose from).

             

            What I have done here is that I used a sample of the file --> edited the import script --> changed the filename back to a variable (without reopening the import window)

            And all went in the good way.

             

            We do sometimes need a hint.

            Thanks again.