5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2014 4:46 PM by mark_b

How to resume script from script trigger?

mark_b

Hi All,

This should be easy, but I'm drawing a blank. I want to be able to call "Resume Script" from a Script Trigger script. The only way I see that Resume Script can be called is from a button. I want the OnObjectExit to call a script that will continue the script that has been paused for data entry into a field. Is this possible without creating a button?

Cheers, Mark

• 1. Re: How to resume script from script trigger?
          wimdecorte

I don't think that is possible, that's now what events are supposed to handle.

Why is the script paused?  Are you trying to simulate a modal window with it?  If so, why not use a true modal window?

• 2. Re: How to resume script from script trigger?
            mark_b

Thanks Wim,

I'm running a script that opens a Popover, goes to a field and pauses for the user to enter data.  I was hoping that when the user hit the tab or enter key that I could trigger a script to resume the script.  At the present time, the user must click the Continue button.  I was trying to make it more keyboard friendly (less mouse work).  I could replace the Popover with a modal window and use a Continue button within the window (avoiding having to have the status bar open).  It just would be nice to have the Resume Script be a script step instead of a button only step.

Cheers, Mark

• 3. Re: How to resume script from script trigger?
              wimdecorte

you could make it so that the original script stops at opening the popup.  The you can on OnExit of the popover to prevent it from being closed until the user's input passes your validation.  Then you can use events on each field to check if all is well can run a script that closes the popover and moves on (basically the content of your original script past the pause point).

• 4. Re: How to resume script from script trigger?
                keywords

You might find it easier to have the actual opening of the popover do nothing other than just that, then have scripts initiated, rather than resumed, in response to what the user does on the popover. Even if there are buttons on the popover this gives the user the idea that they can open the popover for a look without doing anything else, but when it is open they see that they can actually do stuff from there.

• 5. Re: How to resume script from script trigger?
                  mark_b

Thanks Wim & Keywords,

You guys got me thinking out of the box.  I have just a Popover button that opens the Popover and that's it.  However, I put an OnObjectEnter on the Popover that initializes the fields in the Popover box then ends.  I then put an OnObjectExit on the data field that checks for errors, closes the Popover and continues.  So instead of looking for a Resume Script within the script functions, your suggestions allowed me to omit the Pause entirely and split the process into two scripts.

Cheers, Mark