5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 9:24 AM by beverly

Miami / SoFL FileMaker Developers / Users Group

Tim_Ballering

When you look at groups like FileMaker Developers in Southern California (FMDiSC), you see the real power of local groups. FMDiSC has a membership roster that reads like the whose who of FMP development. Many of the leading edge methods came out of theirs or similar groups. I wish such a group existed where I live.

We have a lot of smart FileMaker people in SoFL. We have better sunshine than SoCal - It's raining in the Sunshine state as I write this ;-) So there is no good reason for us not to have a user group.

I had looked for a user group to join a year or two ago and found none that were still active. We need to change that. There was talk/interest amongst some Devcon 2014 attendees from the Miami/Ft Lauderdale/West Palm area about creating a SE FL user group.

While on the way back from Devcon I did a search to see if any new groups have started since I last looked. I found one on MeetUp. It is still in its infancy, but a start is a start. The organizer has access to a good location to hold meetings in South Beach and sounds open to other locations.

http://www.meetup.com/ultimatefm/?a=mm1_l6

Tim Ballering