Tim_Ballering

Miami / SoFL FileMaker Developers / Users Group

Discussion created by Tim_Ballering on Aug 2, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 by beverly

When you look at groups like FileMaker Developers in Southern California (FMDiSC), you see the real power of local groups. FMDiSC has a membership roster that reads like the whose who of FMP development. Many of the leading edge methods came out of theirs or similar groups. I wish such a group existed where I live.

We have a lot of smart FileMaker people in SoFL. We have better sunshine than SoCal - It's raining in the Sunshine state as I write this ;-) So there is no good reason for us not to have a user group.

I had looked for a user group to join a year or two ago and found none that were still active. We need to change that. There was talk/interest amongst some Devcon 2014 attendees from the Miami/Ft Lauderdale/West Palm area about creating a SE FL user group.

While on the way back from Devcon I did a search to see if any new groups have started since I last looked. I found one on MeetUp. It is still in its infancy, but a start is a start. The organizer has access to a good location to hold meetings in South Beach and sounds open to other locations.

http://www.meetup.com/ultimatefm/?a=mm1_l6

Tim Ballering

Outcomes