6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 1:16 AM by PeterWindle

FM 13 Import Script

synergy46

... My FM 13 Adv Import script 'seems to work' but after the import I can not 'see' the records unless I sort?

I have a windows called Transactions based on the Transactions Table.

My import script opens a windows Named IMPORTS into which I load layouts from Accounts, Types.... and Transactions.

All this works.

But, after I close the temporary IMPORTS window and go back to the Transactions windiow, none of the imported Transaction records show

UNLESS I DO a sort.. What does sorting do to make my invisible records visible???

Here is the last part of the script (which imports Transactions): (I know there are some 'unnecessary' script steps but I am just trying to rule out causes...)

SortedImport.jpg

• 1. Re: FM 13 Import Script
          PeterWindle

are you 100% certain that the table you're impoting into is the same table occurrance as "Transactions"??

• 2. Re: FM 13 Import Script
            synergy46

Yep.  You can see in the script that I am using the Transaction layout (based on Transactions) and when I close the IMPORT window and DO NOT RUN THE SORT commands, the Transaction window shows blank/empty records. 

When I *DO* sort, everything appears as expected.  Weird...  Or, is it?

• 3. Re: FM 13 Import Script
              synergy46

Got it.  Oddly enough, with a little tweaking even with the Sort the script failed... grrrrr..

So, working from the Transactions Window, I eliminated the creation of the IMPORTS window and just brought the needed Accounts Layouts, etc into the Transactions window.  Ba Boom.  Everything worked as expected.

So, the question is:  "Why does creating a separate, stand alone window (Called IMPORTS) that opens the Transactions based layout NOT cause the imported records to show up in the Transactions window once the IMPORTS window is closed?"

I guess it is a FM thing.  I crashed FM 3 times running this script before I fixed it....  Just wondering...

• 4. Re: FM 13 Import Script
                PeterWindle

the imported records show as a new found set of recods within the IMPORTS window, once that window is closed, the found set of records is different (it should leave you with the original foud set of records before the new window was opened.

• 5. Re: FM 13 Import Script
                  synergy46

I don't get it.

Why is there a 'new found set' in the first place?  I don't use a 'find' script step.  Or, perhaps you mean that when I import into a layout (Accounts for example), those 'new records' are the 'found set'? 

You say " once that window is closed, the found set of records is different (it should leave you with the original foud set of records before the new window was opened."   I did not show it in my script above but the script shows:

I create a new window (IMPORTS)

I open the Accounts layout

I delete all records

I import into the Accounts layout

I go to the next layot  (Type)

Repeat the steps above

I go to the next layout (TransactionsImport) based on Transactions

Repeat the steps above... which you can see in the jpg above.

I close the Imports Window..

I go to the Transactions window

Closing the Imports Window fails to bring the Imported TransactionsImport  records into the Transactions layout and the imported TransactionsImport records never show in Transactions.....  Unless I do not use the Imports window....

Perhaps I could send you the file?

Thanks for your ideas.... Ron

• 6. Re: FM 13 Import Script
                    PeterWindle

Or, perhaps you mean that when I import into a layout (Accounts for example), those 'new records' are the 'found set'?

>> YES, that's what happens after an import. It creates a new found set of recrods, being the imported records.

You say " once that window is closed, the found set of records is different (it should leave you with the original foud set of records before the new window was opened."   I did not show it in my script above but the script shows:

I create a new window (IMPORTS)

I open the Accounts layout

I delete all records

I import into the Accounts layout

I go to the next layot  (Type)

Repeat the steps above

I go to the next layout (TransactionsImport) based on Transactions

Repeat the steps above... which you can see in the jpg above.

I close the Imports Window..

I go to the Transactions window

Closing the Imports Window fails to bring the Imported TransactionsImport  records into the Transactions layout and the imported TransactionsImport records never show in Transactions.....  Unless I do not use the Imports window....

>> You may find that the records are actually there, but not showing

Perhaps I could send you the file?

Thanks for your ideas.... Ron