AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculating grand sum of sums - again

Question asked by soundwiz on Aug 10, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 by soundwiz

Hi.

I'm calculating the stock value for products we make and the calculation is easy: StockValueProduct = ProductionCostPerItem * NumberInStock and all sorted by ProductNumber.

I have have one table, called Transactions where I keep track of costs and revenues as well as items in and out.

The field ProductionCostPerItem is calculated as ProductionCost / NumberOfItemsManufactured. Both these fields are summary fields so the calculation looks like GetSummary ( ProductionCost ; ProductNumber ) / GetSummary ( NumberOfItemsManufactured ; ProductNumber ) (and - yes - I check that I'm not dividing by zero).

Also the NumberInStock is a summary field, so the stock value is calculated as GetSummary ( NumberInStock ; ProductNumber ) * ProductionCostPerItem.

So far, so good. In my report, with a sub-summary part for ProductNumber, the stock values for each product seem to be correct.

But no matter how I try, I cannot get the grand summary of my stock value right. I've tried using a calculation field and Sum ( StockValueProduct ) which gives me zero and I've tried using a summary field using the same field, which gives me a way to high value.

I have no idea what's going on and any hints would be most appreciated.

Per

Outcomes