I'm trying to integrate a FileMaker Pro 11 database with a digital balance. The balance interfaces with a PC via an RS232 serial port. The use case is such that
1. A user will be on a FileMaker record.
2. The user will weigh an item on the balance.
3. The user will click the "Enter" button on the balance.
4. The balance will send the weight value electronically to the PC.
5. The weight value will be recorded in a FileMaker field.
I've been looking at WinWedge by Tal Tech, and was wondering if anyone had experience with any other software that interfaces between the RS232 device, PC and software (FileMaker Pro)?
Thanks for your input and help.