Not sure I did the proper thing, but what i did was:
1) put a copy of the source file on my local machine.
2) setup the import as if it was using the local source file.
3) assigned the script order.
4) used the path variable i had setup for the server based source file:
Set Variable [$filepath; Get(DocumentsPath) & "FMWinShare/OrdNumbs.txt"]
5) "added" that path variable to the 'Specify Data Source' in the Import setup
I tested to make sure it was using the server based source file by renaming the local one and modifying the server based one to make sure the import was working properly.
Seems to be working fine on the server using the scheduler.