jprochniak

Automatic filling of a field with a pre-established value

Discussion created by jprochniak on Aug 21, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 by dsvail

Hello everyone. Newbie here has another question for the group and it is as follows: How do I go about automatically filling field based on selections made in conditional lists?

For example, I have a series of 3 conditional lists for repair codes on an aircraft. By selecting an "aircraft" I can only select a "chapter/code" associated with that aircraft which in turn allows me to only select an "item" specific to all of the former. Ultimately the "MEL Code" can only be one thing, either A, B, C, or D....this is only based on the "Item." In the table in which all the conditional lists are based, I have made an entry for "MEL Code." This particular item is strictly based on what "item" is selected and I'd like it filled automatically rather than being user selected.

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 4.23.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 5.20.30 PM.png

I guess another way of putting it is I need to fill the "MEL Code" box with a non-variable and pre-established value. Much like my second example, the "CG Range" can only be a pre-establised number based on the aircraft make/model and registration. I'm thinking this whole process is going to be a lookup of some sort but I just can't seem to get it to function properly

I hope that description makes sense. Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John

Outcomes